Pain Relief: Most see a 40-80% reduction in body pains (e.g. arthritis, fibromyalgia)
Faster recovery/rehab time.
Gives your Body Magnesium which is responsible for proper cell function (most of us are magnesium deficient)
Decreased production of cortisol, lactic acid, and adrenaline. Increased production of endorphins.
Boosts the immune system: by suppressing stress hormones which not only weaken the immune system but also suppress the digestion and reproductive systems, affect regeneration processes, and decrease insulin sensitivity.
- Improved cognitive performance
- Increases Theta Brainwaves responsible for increased creativity
- Reduces Anxiety and Depression
- Gives you a clear state of mind which allows you to deal with life and problems from a better/more calm mind state that allows you to find solutions more easily.
- PTSD: Floaters with PTSD find it greatly helps them deal with trauma
- Helps deal with mental disorders and addictions.
- Provides a very deep meditative experience that's 10x deeper than simply sitting down and meditating.
Benefits of Floating
Getting rid of all sensory input allows the ‘constantly-make-sure-you’re-not-dying’ part of your brain to chill out for a second, allowing the creative, relaxed part of your brain to come out and play. Without the constant pressure of analyzing the world around you, your body lowers its levels of cortisol, the main chemical component of stress.
Not having to fight gravity lets your muscles, joints, and bones take a well-deserved break. Your body suddenly has loads of extra resources (usually spent supporting your weight, regulating temperature, and trying not to get speeding tickets), which it gets to focus on things like healing and resting.
Without old-man gravity pushing you down all the time, chronic and acute pain is relieved, and your muscles get to fully rest. Unlike lying on a mattress, lying in water allows blood to flow freely all throughout your body. There’s no need to readjust your position to get comfortable. Research shows that about 40 minutes into your float your brain stops producing its normal Alpha and Beta waves and starts going deeper into a Theta and even Delta state.